— Posted from Snowmamas on January 29, 2014
Thanks for sending in your question to the Snowmamas!
The 2 way radios are a great choice if your kids don't have cell phones.
The battery on the cell phones can run down, so use the following tips when out there:
1. Make sure it is charged 100% before you head out.
2. Close down as many apps as possible while on the mountain.
3. Take photos, but wait until you are off the mountain to share. Limit use of the apps and roaming.
4. Cold temps can drain the battery. One friend recently suggested putting a hand warmer packet next to the cell phone in your pocket. I have yet to use this trick, but I'm going to try it!
5. I have a battery backup case on my phone. The one I have is a Mophie. Interestingly enough, I haven't really had to use the backup when on the mountain, and my theory is that the case is so thick, it insulates the main battery more.
With those tips, you should be able to get through the day and all be able to reach each other on the mountain with your phones.
Have a great trip!
Official news and announcements from Park City Mountain Resort.
Colette is Park City Mountain Resort’s social media coordinator. A lifelong skier, she joined the PCMR team in 2013.
Samantha is new to Utah, joining the Park City Mountain Resort team in 2011 as the Marketing Coordinator.
When he's not up on the mountain checking on the cams, Eric is managing the interactive marketing for Park City Mountain Resort.
Dave has worked in the ski and snowboard industry since 2000 and joined the PCMR team in the spring of 2014.
Park City Mountain Resort
1345 Lowell Ave
PO Box 39
Park City, UT 84060
© Park City Mountain Resort
Get snow reports, I Ride Park City updates and more by signing up for our newsletters.Sign Up
In Partnership With