Park City Mountain Resort Launches App for iPhone, iPad and Android
January 5, 2012
Park City Mountain Resort Launches Official App for iPhone, iPad and Android
- Plan custom mountain tours, track run-by-run data and share stats and photos
- Reload lift tickets: returning guests enjoy direct access to lifts and reduce waste
- App now available for download in iTunes and Android Market
Park City, Utah (January 5, 2012) – Park City Mountain Resort introduces an engaging new way for guests to plan, track and share their Resort experience with the release of its official app for iPhone, iPad, and Android. Built on RTP’s LivePass mobile application platform, the app lets users plan a custom tour around the mountain, track data through the day and share their stats and photos with their social network. The Park City Mountain Resort app also breaks new ground by providing the ability to reload lift tickets directly from a user’s mobile device.
“We are always looking for new ways to enhance the guest experience. Our app’s ability to plan, track and share the on-mountain experience allows Resort guests to discover a new engagement with the mountain,” said Geoff Buchheister, director of finance at Park City Mountain Resort. “Meanwhile, the ability for users to reload their lift tickets conveniently allows them to skip lines at the ticket windows and spend more time skiing and riding.”
The Resort app provides guests a new level of engagement with the Resort through the ability to plan, track and share their Resort experience with their social network:
- Plan: real-time mountain information gives app users direct connections to lift status, run conditions and weather forecasts. The My Mountain Planner function lets users customize their own tour around the Resort by ability level and the type of terrain they want to explore.
- Track: record live statistics including number of runs, total vertical, maximum speed and distance traveled.
- Share: share on-mountain stats, photos and status updates from the Resort with through Facebook and Twitter integration.
The Resort’s new app also enables users to reload additional days of skiing or riding to their used lift ticket directly from their smartphone or tablet. This function, paired with the Resort’s new Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) access gates, provides direct lift access to returning guests and additional time for skiing and riding, rather than waiting in ticket lines. Re-using lift tickets also reduces waste and becomes another way the Resort operates in as environmentally responsible a manner as possible.
The Park City Mountain Resort app is available now in iTunes and Android Market.
Images are available for download in under the Recent Photos page in the Resort’s Media Center, or by request.
About Park City Mountain Resort
Park City Mountain Resort, named the “#1 Family Vacation” by the editors of SKI Magazine, is located in the heart of Park City, Utah and is only a 35-minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport. For more information, visit www.parkcitymountain.com or call 800.222.PARK.
Park City Mountain Resort
o: 435.647.5415 | c: 435.659.6556