Raised in the Canadian Rockies, Amber Borowski Johnson’s earliest ski memories are aboard sub-zero chairlifts. She traded in the frozen tundra to become a publicist and the "Crazy Canuck" radio personality for Utah’s ski industry whilst moonlighting as an adventure-travel writer for Sports Guide and Outdoor Utah.
Infamous for chronicling her hilarious misadventures en route, this Snowmama had the ultimate adventure eight years ago when she moved to Denver, got married and gave birth to snowkiddos Hadley (age 8) and Bode (age 6). She is founder and editor of The Denver Post’s Mile High Mamas, a social media strategist for Pixo Web Design & Strategy and a columnist for her city's newspaper. She also blogs about her family's mishaps at Crazy Bloggin’ Canuck and was thrilled to be selected by Microsoft Office to be their accredited blogger at the 2010 Vancouver Games.
- Favorite Run: Thaynes when it's a Signature Run. Steep, fast and FUN!
- Favorite Lift: Silverlode--So many great runs you can't go wrong. On a powder day, it's epic.
- Favorite Lunch Spot On The Mountain: Legends Bar & Grill. Their Legends Burger is worth the trip down to the base every time. P.S. Save room for nachos as well!
- Favorite Place for a Date Night Out: Chimayo. I'm putting this one out there because I went to Chimayo years ago with a former boyfriend. Their gourmet southwestern menu was so unbelievably delicious and the ambiance so romantic that I simply must return with my husband. No kids allowed!
- Favorite Family Dining Place: Squatters. I first fell in love with this great pub when I lived in Salt Lake City. So I was thrilled to learn they also had a Park City location. It has a cool vibe, has great food for kids and grown-ups and is loud enough I never worry about my little ones making any kind of commotion.
- Favorite Thing to do Off the Slopes? Hands down, Gorgoza Park's sledding hill is a family favorite. Also on my kids' bucket list this year: Gorgoza's miniature snowmobile track
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Connect with Snowmamas
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Park City Mountain Resort, and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Park City Mountain Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' authors have or will receive a paid trip to Park City Mountain Resort or will receive other compensation for their participation as an author.