HATE THOSE EARLY FLIGHTS!
Oh man! With our alarms set to 3:30 am we stumbled out of bed and made our way to the airport on some very icy roads. We made our 6:20 am flight in the nick of time.
I don’t care how cheap the tickets are, we will not be doing that again!
After a long nap once we got home, I had some time to reflect on the highs and the lows of our trip:
- Santa arriving on the Town Lift. Even though my two boys are teens, they had fun. The atmosphere was great. If you have little ones and are planning a holiday trip, this is a must-go event.
- Skiing lessons for Carter, 12, with the National Ability Center .www.discovernac.org The instructors do a wonderful job making winter sports accessible to those with a wide variety of disabilities. The new Kart-Ski worked well for Carter.
- Alpine Coaster with Connor, 14, and me. Oh my goodness, if you have a weak heart don’t let your teenager be in charge of the braking system!
- Lots of family time relaxing in the condo. Our Jacuzzi got a real work out.www.silverstaratparkcity.com
- Finding out that the tubing hill at Gorgoza is no longer accessible to wheelchair users due to some new safety equipment installed. I am hoping that they will have a solution to this very soon.
- Too much snow! I know for some of you that may be a bonus but with Connors ankle hurt, I was hoping for better weather to explore. In 72 hours there was 51 inches of snow. That is A LOT of snow!
The highs far outweighed the lows and we moms know that is the best that can happen on a family vacation. Meltdowns and disappointments are inevitable even with the best laid plans. That the people who work at Park City Mountain Resort were so willing to go out of their way to help when things went awry made all the difference. People here are genuinely kind and caring and they want you to have the best possible experience in their wonderful town.
Thanks Park City Mountain Resort for a truly great family vacation!
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
Related Snowmamas Posts
Add Your Own Comments
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Park City Mountain Resort, and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Park City Mountain Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' authors have or will receive a paid trip to Park City Mountain Resort or will receive other compensation for their participation as an author.