This may be the first of my Snowmama blog posts you have read. So for those that do not know me, I am Australian. Park City has been my winter home for the past three seasons. Each time we visit, the lure of staying longer and experiencing a summer in the mountains gets stronger and stronger. We are fascinated, yet also afraid of the saying “the winters bring you here, the summers keep you here." If we stayed for a summer we may NEVER leave.
So without a doubt if we were to visit in the summer these are the top ten “must do’s” I would have on my list:
- Hire some mountain bikes and ride as many of the great mountain bike trails as we could. First on the list would be the Mid-Mountain trail from Deer Valley to the Canyons resort.
- Pack a picnic lunch and spend the day at the Utah Olympic Park taking on the challenge of the High Ropes Courses and Zip Lines. The kids would also love to have a try of doing some tricks off a ski jump into the splash pool.
- Have a day hiking at Sundance resort to the spectacular Stewart Falls.
- Visit the Park Silly Sunday Market whose mission is to provide an ecofriendly open air market, street festival and community forum where neighbours and friends come together to celebrate the Park City community of fun and funky Park Sillians! Held on most Sundays June through September.
- Stock up on some lovely fresh seasonal produce from the Farmer’s market at Canyons Resort – held each Wednesday from mid-May till October from noon- 7 p.m.
- Go to a free open-air concert held at either the Deer Valley Resort, Canyons Resort, or Newpark Resort. Anything from Symphony to Reggae – all outdoors and all free!
- Get ourselves to the Silver Star Plaza Palooza for an evening of acoustic music and a great meal at the Silver Star Café.
- Take the kids for a game of golf on the Park City Golf Course – we cross-country ski on it in winter so it would be fun to chase a white ball around it in the summer.
- Visit the Zip Lines, Alpine Coaster and Slide and the Adventure Zone at Park City Mountain Resort.
- Hike and walk every day! Hopefully we would catch the start of Autumn and the beginning of the changing colors of the leaves! It would be an amazing transformation to see.
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
Related Snowmamas Posts
Add Your Own Comments
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Park City Mountain Resort, and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Park City Mountain Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' authors have or will receive a paid trip to Park City Mountain Resort or will receive other compensation for their participation as an author.