1. Reserve ski school in advance! Go online or call 800-227-2754. Ski school can sell out on busy weekends (such as President’s Day Weekend). Park City Mountain Resort is unique in promising that there will never be more than 3 children in each group for younger skiers ages 3 ½ to 5 and no more than 5 children in the 6-14 age group. Other mountains charge a premium for small classes while Park City does not. Book ski school as soon as you’ve planned your family ski vacation. Ask about packages that include lifts, lessons and gear.
2. Ready to Rock n’Roll! Don’t dress the kids on the mountain or when you get to ski school. Make sure the’ve got everything they need from head to toe on their body. (Helmet, goggles, gators, mittens, lip balm and sunscreen in their pocket…) You’re guaranteed an easier drop-off process.
3. Don’t pack a whole bag of extras! Ski instructors are great about keeping the gloves attached to the children and children attached to the gloves. Everything they need should be on their body. Better to dress a little too warm than to have that gator they need tucked in a bag somewhere. If you plan to stay on the mountain after skiing to eat or play, pack a boot bag with their winter boots in it and either check in a locker or if you can, leave at ski school.
4. Don’t worry! Children will do things for ski school instructors that they would never do for you (which is one of the BEST reasons to send your child to ski school). They will figure out how to get on and off the chair lift, get up on their own if they fall and stop at the bottom of the hill. The instructors are professionals. You’ll be amazed at what your children will do on the mountain when you’re not looking.
5. Don’t forget to leave a good contact number (or two) and keep your (charged) cell phones or walkie-talkie radio with you in the event that the ski school needs you.
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
Related Snowmamas Posts
Add Your Own Comments
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Park City Mountain Resort, and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Park City Mountain Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' authors have or will receive a paid trip to Park City Mountain Resort or will receive other compensation for their participation as an author.