Raised by a single mom in Connecticut, Kristen started skiing at age 3 across New England, but especially loved spending weekends at her ski club’s lodge in Vermont. Her mom signed her up for ski racing despite her lack of athletic ability. Let’s just say it was not a match made in heaven and injuries were involved. But that didn’t stop her!
She followed her mom’s advice and married someone who loved the sport as much as she did. When her Uconn buddies planned a trip to Park City in 1996, she took her first trip out West. Trips to Colorado and California only confirmed what she already knew…Park City was her first love. She has traveled from the East coast every year to PCMR for 16 years, and she is proud to say that with 4 kids ages 4 through 14, she has never missed a ski season in Park City! Having spent the last 10 years living in New Jersey, Kristen and her family recently relocated to Canada with her husband’s job. When not in Toronto, you can find Kristen and her family in Park City every chance they get!
- Favorite Run: Blanche (NASTAR addiction, hoping to make the 2045 National Championships in the over 75 age category). Courcheval for working the bumps, Hoist for conquering the steeps.
- Favorite Lift: McConkey’s - love hearing the “Woo Hoo’s” of the kids in the trees in Dummy’s Ditch; any 6 pack lift that my whole family can ride at once!
- Favorite Lunch Spot On The Mountain: Legacy Lodge – who doesn’t love a salad, soup and baked potato bar? Something for every appetite.
- Favorite Place for a Date Night Out: Easy Street in the Sky Lodge, Mustang, and Wahso, all on Main Street.
- Favorite Family Dining Place: Red Rock Brewing Company or Maxwell’s at Redstone.
- Favorite Thing to do Off the Slopes? Jupiter Bowl at Redstone and Gorgoza Tubing Park.
Connect with Snowmama Kristen
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Connect with Snowmamas
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Park City Mountain Resort, and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Park City Mountain Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' authors have or will receive a paid trip to Park City Mountain Resort or will receive other compensation for their participation as an author.