To the get the kids excited for the mountain, we’re crafting a miniature mountain. Children can practice skiing or snowboarding down the halfpipe, pretending to get ready for the Winter Olympics.
Supplies for Snowboarding on the Halfpipe:
• an empty box with low cut sides
• paper tube – empty paper towel roll or wrapping paper tube
• white paper
• tape or glue
• pipe cleaners
1. Cover your box with tinfoil. You could also cover it with white cotton batting for snow, or even leave it as is and decorate it with crayons or markers.
2. To make the half pipe, cut your paper tube in half lengthwise, then cover it with white paper or cotton batting and tape or glue it around. My son added a little yellow piece of paper to act like the stand where they wait at the gate before they go. Then place your tube into your box.
3. To make each person, you need one pipe cleaner. Follow these instructions:
1. Bend it in half and bend each foot. Then twist at the top of the legs (for it’s bum).
2. Bend out each arm and twist.
3. Then twist the neck and round out the head.
4. We taped on a small straight piece of pipe cleaner to its feet as the board, or add two small pieces for skis. You could also use a popsicle stick.
Now your skier or snowboarder is ready to impress the judges and have fun down the mountain!
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
Related Snowmamas Posts
Add Your Own Comments
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Park City Mountain Resort, and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Park City Mountain Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' authors have or will receive a paid trip to Park City Mountain Resort or will receive other compensation for their participation as an author.